Saturday, October 10, 2009

Programmers are Tiny Gods

An amazing post by Powazek: http://powazek.com/posts/1655 I haven't spent that much time with progammers, but I can tell you that what he says:

So if you’re working with a programmer, you have to treat him or her like a God. You have to pray. You cannot issue edicts. You have to come on bended knee. “Here’s the problem I have. I need a solution. Please help.”

The good news is, programmers want their work to be used, and the good ones know that the design matters. So programmers and designers actually have the same goal: getting the stuff used. If each can honor the talents of the other, great things can happen.

Goes at least double for web designers. I enjoy posting a blog a lot more than trying to get my web page updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment